Image via Wikipedia
Every parent would like to believe that they are doing their very best for their child. However, sometimes, even you best isn’t enough. A child deserved good nutrition, education, a safe environment and a morally sound upbringing among other things. Even though you may not excess at all these things, this doesn’t imply that you are a bad parent!
However, there is a certain kind of behavior that is completely against the tenets of good parenting. Here are some things you should absolutely avoid in order to be a good parent:
- Physically abusing your child is a criminal offence. While parents do ‘spank’ there children to discipline them, this should never be with such intensity that it causes unbearable pain or trauma.
- Never use foul language against your children. Verbally abusing them can have a bad psychological affect on the child, not to mention that you will be setting a poor model to follow!
- Don’t ever reprimand your kids in front of others as this causes humiliation that can lead them to lose their self-esteem.
- Don’t complain about your child to others, especially when the child is around as this also causes a lot of embarrassment to the child is not constructive in any way.
- Comparison with other children is not a great way to encourage your child to behave better, it will only make them feel unloved and degraded.
- Never fight with your spouse or anyone else in front of your children as this sets a bad precedent. It is important for children to believe their parents love each other.
- If your kids see you lying, they will do it too!